Bulky Waste Collection Service, Cheaper Than Getting A Fine For Flytipping
The council provides a pre-arranged chargeable service for the collection of bulky waste or you can choose to donate your furniture item/s to one of the charitable organisations below.
How to arrange a bulky waste collection
- Read and accept the. Please note the service charge is non-refundable.
- Use the Bulky Waste Online Form, contact customer services.
|Can Collect – Examples||Don’t Collect – Examples|
|Electrical goods (fridges & freezers – clean and empty)||Building rubble and bricks|
Waste that maybe hazardous is listed below:
- Garden Chemicals
- Bleach or other strong Cleaners
- Gas Bottles
- Solvents (Including paint strippers/thinners)
- Clinical Waste
- TV/Computer Monitors
Please use the A-Z of Waste and Recycling link located on the right hand side to find the appropriate method of disposal for your hazardous waste.
The Service & Collection
- The service charge is £13 per order plus £7 per item of waste collected from outside the property.Please note we will not help you prepare the item for collection.
- Collection dates will be scheduled when proceeding with the order. Items must be accessible 7:00am on the allocated collection day and at the location indicated.
Donation of furniture for re-use
A number of charitable organisations will collect free of charge certain unwanted pieces of furniture for re-use. The donations must however meet the following criteria:
- All items should be clean and undamaged
- Settees, chairs and mattresses must be clean, unstained and fire labels (1988 or newer) attached
- Donations must come from a pet free home
- If any item contains glass, this must be labelled safety glass
Links to these organisations can be found below.