Minutes of the Stapleford CAT meeting held on 19 January 2017.

31st January 2017 staplefordcommunitygroup Broxtowe Borough Council, Councillor Richard MacRae Tags: 1 Comment

Stapleford
Community Action Team

The Pastures Community Church

Thursday 19 January 2017

Present

Cllr Richard MacRae           Broxtowe Borough Council                                               RM

Cllr John McGrath               Broxtowe Borough Council                                               JM

Cllr Christopher Rice          Broxtowe Borough Council                                               CR

Richard Lea                          Broxtowe Borough Council                                               RL

Paul Heery                            Bramcote School                                                     PH

 

Apologies

Cllr John Longdon              Broxtowe Borough Council

Cllr Dave Pearson               Stapleford Town Council

 

16 residents attended

 

1.         Welcome and Introduction

Councillor MacRae welcomed residents to the meeting.

                       

2.            Police Update

Current problems in the area are shop thefts, break ins to cars, houses and shed, these have often resulted from property not being secured. There was a discussion on the impact of cuts to the Police’s budgets.  Residents were informed that the Neighbourhood Survey would no longer be carried out and residents complained that they rarely saw any Police presence in Stapleford. There are 3 PCs and 6 PCSOs for Broxtowe South.

 

Paddy Tipping has been invited to CAT meetings but has not attended.

ACTION: Cllrs to invite PT to the next CAT meeting.

 

3.         Bramcote School

Paul Heery introduced himself as the Executive Head Teacher for the White Hills Park Federation Trust, this includes Bramcote School and College. PH explained proposals to sell off some of the Federation’s playing fields to provide funding to build a new school and college. The current school is in very poor condition and requires a lot of maintenance which is very costly. The land that is proposed to sell is the fields north of Coventry Lane.

 

Some of the land is on green belt and a decision will be made next week by Broxtowe Borough Council on whether it can be built on to provide new housing. A planning application for the school and college will be submitted in the next few months.

 

The Federation is keen to hear residents’ views on their proposal and will be running public events.

 

It is hoped that the new school will open in September 2019 and cater for 750 11 to 16 year olds and 250 sixth form students.

 

In response to a question PH informed the meeting that it was hoped that Section 106 money from the build could be used to improve the local primary schools.

 

4.         Residents’ Issues

A resident asked if there were plans to develop Bramcote Leisure Centre. It was explained that the centre was now run by a Teckal company; Liberty Leisure. However, there were currently no specific plans for development.

 

The Post Office will be moving to a local shop or business but no decision has been made on where this will be.

 

Broxtowe Borough Council made the decision that Aldi must build 10 new houses before opening a new store, Aldi are appealing this decision and this will be heard tomorrow (Friday 20 January).

 

The issue of Malts Yard is still with the High Court.

 

The vacant Nottingham Building Society will be a dentist.

 

A resident complained about the amount of dog mess on Archers Field.

ACTION: Residents to report problem areas to Broxtowe Borough Council.

 

A number of areas were identified as having parking problems.

 

Local pavements are in a poor state but the meeting was informed that money for repairing them had already been allocated for this year.

 

The 510 bus goes to the tram stop on Toton Lane. The bus timetable is available at:

 

https://bustimes.org.uk/services/em_18-510-_-y08

 

5.         Date of next meeting

Thursday 20th July 2017

 

1 Comment

  1. Philip Jones 3 months Reply

    They omit the meeting’s appreciation of RL’s efforts which was specifically requested be recorded

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

Categories