VAB Funding Update – 4th November 2013
Welcome to the Autumn funding newsletter.
For those of you who are receiving this for the first time, the newsletter is a way of updating local groups on funding news and other information that they will hopefully find useful.
We will start by listing some funding opportunities which are open to groups who are not Registered Charities, we will then list some funding which only Registered Charities can apply for.
Finally we will list some other information you will hopefully find useful. As always please do contact us if you have any questions, or need help with making a funding application.
Funding available to groups who are not Registered Charities
East Midlands Airport Community Fund Grants of up to £2,000 are available which can be used to fund capital costs.
In order for an application to be successful it must meet at least one of the following objectives:
· To bring the community closer together through facilities for sport, recreation and other leisure time activities.
· Offer environmental improvement and/or heritage conservation.· Improve awareness of environmental issues through environmental education.
· Encourage and/or protect wildlife. Groups have to be within a certain geographical area, most of Broxtowe is covered but please check of the website for the map which highlights the area, and provides more detail on making an application.
The next deadline is the 29th November 2013.
Eastwood South Community First Groups can apply for between £250 and £2500 if they have an idea that will make Eastwood South a better place to live, and the project fits into one of the following funding priorities:
· Positive Youth Engagement.· Improving health and wellbeing within the community.
· Improving the local environment.
· Building a more cohesive community.
The next deadline for applications is Friday 29th November 2013, for more details or to receive an application pack, please visit the website:
Coalfields Regeneration Grants – Level 1
The Coalfields Community Grants Programme in England can award grants from £500 up to £5,000.
This programme is for community and voluntary organisations who can demonstrate that a grant will impact positively on people living in the former coalfield communities of England.
Again only certain areas of Broxtowe are covered, they are listed on the following link:
If your groups falls within this area, then please visit the site below for more details on the application process.
Funding available only to groups who are Registered Charities
Santander Community Plus Fund
Community Plus grants of up to £5,000 are available for small local charities or local projects of national Charities with funding available to cover salaries, equipment or materials.
Grants must directly help disadvantaged people in your local area and you must be a Registered Charity to apply.
There are no closing dates so organisations can apply at any time. All the details are on the website:
Lloyds TSB Foundation Community Programme
The Foundation supports registered charities to continue and develop community based work, or to develop the organisation or its services.
The Community programme focuses on funding core work that helps disadvantaged people to play a fuller role in the community.
The Foundation are particularly interested in work that achieves this through:
· improved social and community involvement.
· improved life choices and chances.
· helping people to be heard.Again the website has full guidelines and eligibility criteria:
Stapleford Community Group have organised an event at Wadsworth Fields Primary School in Stapleford on Friday 22nd November from2pm until 4pm.
The idea is that groups and organisations who have a service to offer that might be of interest to the children or the parents can attend.
If you have any questions, or would be interested in attending please contact Richard MacRae on 07740 344427 or e-mail staplefordcommunitygroup@gmail com
Focus on Funding have organised a funding workshop at our offices in Beeston on Monday .
The sessions offer one to one practical support for your group.
This is a free session, the only down side is that I think I am delivering the session!
Appointments are for up to 90 minutes and support can be given in the following areas:
· Identifying where to find new sources of funding
· Providing hints and tips about what makes a good application
· Looking over draft applications
· Completing application forms
· Using Funding Central the free online funding search website
· Answering any questions you may have about your projectIf you want to book you need to use the following link:
Finally VAB now has a facebook page for those of you who use facebook, do have a look and become a friend! It’s all new to me so do let me know what you think. https://www.facebook.com/voluntary.actionbroxtowe?hc_location=stream
Group Support Worker
Voluntary Action Broxtowe
8 Chilwell Road
0115 917 8080