24th Annual Duck Race, Toton
We want to thank everyone for their support and for sharing a wonderful New Year’s day with us in Toton for this years Duck Race.
All 1,200 ducks were sponsored, which is phenomenal, raising just over £2570, £800 more than last year!
The monies make a huge difference and will be spent locally through Nottingham & Nottinghamshire, Derby & Derbyshire Age UK
We’d like to also express our thanks to:
• all the volunteers and organisers, whose hard work makes the event possible,
• our sponsors Long Eaton Plant Hire Ltd
• all the wonderful businesses who supply prizes every year; Bardills Garden Centre, Geoff Sumpter from Sumpters the Image Makers, Michael Key’s Garage, Village Urban Resort Nottingham, The Manor Bar Restaurant, The Corn Mill Pub, The Half Crown and Tesco Toton for the mince pies.
• The Mayor of Broxtowe, Councillor Stan Heptinstall, for releasing the ducks and presenting the prizes,
• Broxtowe Borough Council for allowing us to use Manor Farm Recreation Ground for the event.
We look forward to seeing you all again at next year’s extra special 25th Duck Race.