Suspicious Incident In Stapleford Following Recent Burglary
In a recent Neighbourhood Alert sent by my colleague PCSO Butterfield, we informed you of a burglary that had occurred in the early morning hours of 21/01/2015 at Sisley Avenue Stapleford.
We have today been informed of a suspicious incident which occurred at 05:30 hours this morning (26/01/2015), where a resident has seen what is believed to be torchlight shining at the rear of properties on Clarehaven Stapleford.
This location is in close proximity to the earlier burglary and in light of both these incidents we would like to offer the following crime prevention advice:
Ensure you lock your doors and windows even when you are in.
- Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors.
- If you have an intruder alarm please ensure that you set it when you go out andwhen you go to bed.
- Take your keys to bed with you; don’t leave them in door locks or window locks, or in view of windows and doors.
- Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device.
- Register your property for free on the national property database www.immobilise.com Immobilise helps Police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
- Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as Cremark or SelectaMARK and don’t leave valuables such as laptops on view.
- Confirm the identity of anyone who calls at your home who you don’t know. Beware of bogus officials. Not sure? Don’t open the door.
For additional home security advice please refer to our Securing your home guide.
If you would like any further help or advice please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or visit our website: www.nottinghamshire.police.uk
If you have information about any crime or see anyone acting suspiciously in your area please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101. Please call this at the time which you see the incident happening and not a number of hours afterwards.
In an emergency, for example where life is in danger or a crime is in progress please call 999.
Chris Archer (Police, PCSO 4662, Stapleford (Broxtowe South)