Administrative Manager/Senior Secretary (maternity cover)
Anna Soubry MP is seeking a highly motivated and well organised individual to fulfil the role of Administrative Manager/Senior Secretary (Full time – 40 hours per week) in her Constituency Office, Chilwell, Nottinghamshire.
This role will include:
- running the constituency office and managing a small team of staff
- overseeing budgets
- monitoring all incoming correspondence and telephone enquiries
- ensuring all incoming correspondence and enquiries are dealt with quickly, efficiently and courteously by all employees
- completing casework
- dealing with complex queries and complaints on the Member’s behalf
The successful candidate will have the following:
- experience of working in a similar role
- the ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard
- a clear and concise writing style
- the ability to work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- excellent organisation
- strong communication and IT skills (competence using Microsoft Office is essential and experience using Case management systems desirable)
- a methodical approach to record keeping
- sympathy with Conservative Party values
Please note that this role is to provide maternity cover. A fixed term contract of 12 months will therefore be offered initially.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Friday 29th May. Start date ASAP.
If the right candidate is found, it is possible that an appointment may occur before the closing date of this advert.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to: Anna Soubry MP, Barton House, 61 High Road, Chilwell, Nottinghamshire, NG9 4AJ.
For further information, please contact Emma-Lea Martin, Constituency Manager on email@example.com or 0115 943607.