Toton – Strategic Location for growth in the vicinity of the proposed HS2 station
What are your views on the appropriate mix, amount and location of new development in this location with regard to the minimum development requirements specified in the Core Strategy.
These Core Strategy requirements are a minimum of-
* 500 homes
* 18,000 square metres of employment land
* 16 hectares of green infrastructure
* Not prejudicing the potential tram route to the station
* Not prejudicing the vehicle route to the station
In addition Cabinet at its meeting in December 2014 specified the following points be included in the consultation in February 2015-
* Adequate land for a school expansion
* Only local (not strategic) scale retail in any new local centre
* Footpath maps updating
* A north/ south wildlife corridor
The relevant background information and locations at which it can be viewed are specified below.
Responses should be made on the appropriate forms or online. The consultation period runs from Monday 12 October 2015 to 5.00pm Monday 23 November. Please note that all representations must be received within this time.
How to Respond
* Online via the form on our website http://www.broxtowe.gov.uk/hs2toton
* Via email to: email@example.com
* In writing to: Planning Policy Team, Broxtowe Borough Council, Foster Avenue, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1AB
* Paper forms are also available at the Council Offices at Foster Avenue, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1AB (8.30am to 5.00pm Monday – Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fridays) and;
Toton Library Stapleford Lane, Toton, Nottingham, NG9 6GA (Monday 14:00-18:30, Wednesday 09:30-12:30 & 14:00-17:00, Friday 09:30-12:30 & 14:00-17:00, Saturday 09:30-13:00).
All responses must be received by the council by: 5.00pm Monday 23 November.
Where to view documents:
* Broxtowe Borough Council’s website: www.broxtowe.gov.uk/hs2toton
* Broxtowe Borough Council Offices: Foster Avenue, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1AB
(8.30am to 5.00pm Monday – Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fridays);
* Toton Library, Stapleford Lane, Toton, Nottinghamshire, NG9 6GA
(Monday 14:00-18:30, Wednesday 09:30-12:30 & 14:00-17:00, Friday 09:30-12:30 & 14:00-17:00, Saturday 09:30-13:00).
The relevant background information
· Recent HS2 / Toton Advisory committee agendas detailing progress on developing a masterplan for the area and earlier consultation responses which includes alternative visions both larger (and smaller for the development potential.
· Updated employment needs work
· Update from the Design Review process relating to this location
· Extract from the Core Strategy showing the site schedule and indicative location of development
· Erewash’s emerging work for their side of the boundary
· Maps showing the evolution of Toton as a settlement since the C19th.
The Council is intending to hold public ‘drop-in’ sessions where you can view the background information and speak directly to the Planning Officers. For more information on when and where these events are taking place please keep an eye on our website, visit the Council offices or Toton Library which will be updated when the venues are confirmed.