The nights are fair drawing in as this photograph of the night sky demonstrates. Winter is not far away but before we reach for the holly and the mistletoe the Fireworks Events are planned in early November by a number of organisations.
The Pastures Community Church is holding a display on Friday, 6thNovember 2015 at 6.30p.m. at 116, Pastures Road, Stapleford. Free to attend and refreshments will eb available.
Or why not join the Town Mayor, Cllr Ray Darby, when he lights the bonfire at the Old Cross, Church Street, Stapleford, on Saturday, 7thNovember 2015, fun for all the family at this event.
Wherever you go to enjoy a fireworks display please act responsibly. Follow the firework code:
Firework Top Ten Safety Code for Adults
Young people should watch and enjoy fireworks at a safe distance and follow the safety rules for using sparklers. Only adults should deal with firework displays and the lighting of fireworks. They should also take care of the safe disposal of fireworks once they have been used.
1. Plan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable.
2. Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time.
3. Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary.
4. Light the firework at arm’s length with a taper and stand well back.
5. Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks.
6. Never return to a firework once it has been lit.
7. Don’t put fireworks in pockets and never throw them.
8. Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators.
9. Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire.
10. Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.
© Stapleford Town Council 2015