Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here


1st May 2019 Broxtowe Borough Council, Help & Advice, Local Elections 2019, Upcoming Events Tags: , 0 Comments

Acceptable ID

In the May 2019 elections, voters in Broxtowe will be required to present either one form of photo ID like a passport or driving licence, or two forms of non-photo ID like a poll card, bank card, council tax bill or a bank statement one of which must include their name and address.

The list of acceptable ID was confirmed by the Cabinet Office on Monday 4th March. Details will also be provided on the back of poll cards which will be sent out around 26th March.

Photographic ID

(a) a passport issued by a Commonwealth country or a country within the European Economic Area;

(b) a photocard driving licence (including a provisional licence) issued in the United Kingdom or by a Crown Dependency or by a member State of the European Union;

(c) an electoral identity card issued under section 13C (electoral identity card: Northern Ireland) of the Representation of the People Act 1983;

(d) a biometric immigration document issued in the United Kingdom in accordance with regulations made under section 5 of the UK Borders Act 2007;

(e) an identity card issued in the European Economic Area which bears a photograph of the voter;

(f) a PASS scheme card (national proof of age standards scheme);

(g) a Ministry of Defence Identity Card;

(h) a concessionary travel pass funded by HM Government;

(i) an Oyster 60+ pass;

(j) a photocard parking permit issued as part of the Blue Badge scheme.

Non-Photographic ID

Please note one of these must include your name and address.

  • a poll card for the election
  • a valid bank or building society debit card or credit card;
  • a bank or building society cheque book or building society passbook;
  • a driving licence (including a provisional licence) which is not in the form of a photocard;
  • a statement of benefits or entitlement to benefits, such as a statement of child benefit within the meaning of section 141 of the Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992, or a letter confirming that the applicant is entitled to housing benefit, within the meaning of section 130 of that Act;
  • a birth certificate;
  • a marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate;
  • an adoption certificate;
  • a firearms certificate granted under the Firearms Act 1968;
  • the record of a decision on bail made in respect of the voter in accordance with section 5(1) of the Bail Act 1976;
  • a National Insurance Number Card or a letter sent by HMRC issuing your National Insurance Number

If issued within 3 months of the Poll

  • a bank or building society statement, or a letter from the bank or building society confirming the opening of an account;
  • a credit card statement;
  • a utility bill;

If issued within 12 months of the Poll

  • a council tax demand letter or statement;
  • a mortgage statement;
  • a Form P45 or Form P60;
  • a student loan statement issued by the Student Loan Company.

If you are a registered elector and do not have one of the accepted forms of ID, you will be able to get a “Certificate of Identity” from us free of charge, which will be accepted at polling stations and enable you to vote. The deadline to apply for a “Certificate of Identity” is Wednesday 1st May at 5pm.

Electoral Services
tel: 0115 917 3276

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



%d bloggers like this: